How to Remove Red Wine on Carpet
Red wine is a common spill and this article will give you an advanced procedures to remove some of the most difficult red wine spills. These techniques are developed by professional cleaners and when used properly are very safe and effective. So Regina residence can now remove red wine like a pro.
- Like all spills it is important to remove them as soon as possible. Use paper towel or a white towel to blot up as much as possible.
- Mix a solution of 1 tablespoon of neutral dish soap to 1/2 cup of cold water. Apply solution to the spot. Allow solution to sit for 5-10 min.
- Place paper towels or a white cloth over the spot and use something like a large wooden spoon to vigorously tap the spot for a couple minutes. Then blot up as much as possible then repeat steps 2 and 3.
- If the spot is still visible mix a solution of 1 table spoon of ammonia to 1/2 cup of cold water and repeat steps 2 and 3 using the 2nd solution rather than the first solution.
- If the first and second solution’s do not work mix a solution of 1/3 vinegar to 2/3 warm water and repeat steps 2 and 3.
- If these solutions do not work STOP and call a professional
If the spot does not come out it may be that the red pigment has dyed the carpet, it would be a good idea to have the carpet cleaned professionally. So now you know Regina, How to Remove Red Wine From Carpet. Phone us today to book in your cleaning at (306) 721-2045. For tips on removing urine click here. For tips on removing blood click here.