Carpet, Furniture, Tile, and Duct Cleaning

Call: (306) 721-2045

What to do if house floods, Regina, SK


When you have any kind of water damage it is very important to act quickly.  A flood that would cost $500 to fix in a couple of days can turn into  $2,000’s in damage and a few days later you could be looking at $25,000 to repair the same flood.  Properly drying out a home is a science and there are companies that take special training and have years of experience and special equipment for water damages. Hiring the right company can dry you home out fast can save you tens of thousands of dollars. 


What to do if house floods, Regina, SK


  • If you have standing water do not touch the water unless you are sure that the power is off or there is not any danger of getting electrocuted.  If you have a sewer back up make sure you protect yourself with plastic gloves as blood born pathogens could be present.
  • The second thing you want to do is stop the water from coming into the house.  This could mean turning off your water main valve in your home or draining water away from the house.
  • Phone a water damage restoration expert immediately.  You can phone us at (306) 721-2045.  You can find an expert in your area by going the the institution of inspection cleaning and restoration services or IICRC.  There is a link at the bottom of the page.
  • Now you are going to want to get everything you can out of the rooms with any water damage.  Anything with wooden or metal legs will damage your carpet if it is not removed.  For heavy items that can not be removed put wax paper or plastic under the legs.
  • I would recommend phoning your insurance company and ask to have an inspector come out.  It does not cost anything to have an inspector come out and after they inform you of the damage you can make an educated decision on whether to make a clam or not.
  • If you own a shop vacuum you can use it to extract water from the floor.  I would recommend concentrating on removing water near finished walls.



So that is what to do if your house floods, Regina.  Give us a call at (306) 721-2045 if you have any questions or need water damage restoration services.


Click here to see what people are saying about CleanRite


Click here to find an expert in your area through the IICRC